“Many Counselors: 1 Profession” – Join us in Jefferson City for our Annual Conference
Registration is now open for ACAM’s Annual Conference! We have more planned this year than ever before. Not only will you be able to get a year’s worth of CEUs (up to 20), browse exhibitors, network with colleagues, enjoy an included lunch each day but also kick back with an 80’s party complete with costumes, a DJ, and a cash bar. Presentations will be available again for purchase on audio CDs. We will also be electing a new President Elect position during the business meeting on Friday. Please consider if this is a position for you!
The conference will be located at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City, MO Thursday, April 12th through Saturday, April 14th. And, we will wrap up by 1 pm on Saturday to make traveling home easier. As usual, we offer extremely competative rates. ACAM Members pay just $170 for our early bird discount which is available until February 18th. The rate for student members is only $60 for all 3 days. Click here to register.
“Many Counselors: 1 Profession” is this year’s theme. We are many counselors united by one profession and we are excited to provide what we feel is a unifying and welcoming atmosphere to all our counselors. For example, the ACAM ACAdemy and ACAM-KC will host a special presentation for students and recent graduates and our President will provide a key note lunch presentation about ACAM, our purpose, structure, divisions, future and how to get the most out of your membership.
Date: April 12th – 14
CEU’s Available: Up to 20 Available
Several (but not all of the )Presentations: (Subject to change)
- 20/20 Principles by Bradley Erford during a special General Session
- Stress Management Strategies that Work
- Improv to Improve your Counseling Skills
- The Medicine Wheel as a Tool for Personal Growth
- Beyond Counseling: An Advocacy APproach Toward Aging America
- Neurolinguistic Programing: Subliminal Rapport Building
- Creating a Recovery Oriented System of Care for Substance Use DIsorder CLients
- Wilpower: Secrets of Self-Control
- Introduction to the Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis
- Spectrum of Care for Eating Disorders: What Every Counselor Needs to Know
- The Nature and Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Using Play Therapy Techniques with Autism Disorders
- Educational Diagnostician Therapeutic and Educational Placements
- Career Assessment-A Focus on Prevention
Thursday, April 12: 8 am until 5:45 pm, workshops and Key Note Speaker. 7-9 pm, Meet the Board. Room, TBD.
Friday, April 13: 8 am – 5:45 pm Workshops/ACAM Business meeting over lunch. 6:30 – 7:30 pm ALGBTIC meeting. 8 pm – 10 pm 80’s Party
Saturday, April 14: 8 am – 1 pm Workshops and closing lunch presentation
Location: Capital Plaza Hotel 415 W. McCarty St., Jefferson City, MO 65101 P. 573.635.1234 http://www.capitolplazajeffersoncity.com/?src=ppc_google_brand_freewifi
To reserve a room, call the hotel with the number provided above and ask for the ACAM Conference group rate. The hotel’s website also can provide directions either by calling them or checking on their website.
To Register, click on the link below: https://www.cvent.com/events/annual-2012-conference/registration-8136489eba0d4ccb8942e24a09fef216.aspx
|Until Feb. 18th||Member||Non-Member||Presenter|
|Until March 18th||Member||Non-Member||Presenter|
|After March 18th||Member||Non-Member||Presenter|
Take advantage of the cost effective advertising opportunity by placing an add in this year’s Program Booklet. Click here for more information and to place an add. Or, you may decide to host an exhibit booth. Click here for exhibitor information.
Please also consider presenting at this year’s conference. Presenters pay just $50 per day. Click here for the Call For Programs information.